Getting to know me...

Hello! 

    My name is Anya and I welcome you to come along with me as I attempt to blog (for the first time) about my musical explorations. But before we begin, here's a little about me...

    I am 23 years old, I was born and raised in Fairbanks, AK, and I am a student at UAF. Well, technically I'm a student, but this is my last class and I officially graduate in August of this year. I am completing my Bachelor's of Accounting and I am eager to get started on building a career and comfortable life for myself. I have three dogs who are the center of my life. I have one standard poodle, Sophie, and two miniature poodles, Prince and Princess.

Sophie and Prince with fresh cuts

Princess






As for my experience with music, I have been involved in choirs throughout my childhood and adolescence. I was in the Choir of the North, a local children's choir, for several years. I was also an active participant in school choirs beginning middle school up until I graduated high school. Additionally, I trained with Dr. Celaire with UAF for a few years during high school. Admittedly, I burned myself out and I haven't sung since I graduated high school. At this point, I am so out of practice and shape, I can't do what I used to. I'm still holding out that one day, I may pick it up again. I used to go to local concerts more often, I'd listen to almost anything that seemed interesting at the time. I haven't been to any concerts recently. This is partially due to the pandemic, but I also have been so focused on school the last few years, that I haven't kept track of what's in town. Now that the world is opening up and I'm finished with school, for the most part, I'd like to start attending events! 

Here's a song that I've been listening to a lot lately, it's called Coffee by Quinn XCII and Marc E. Bassy. It's just an easy listen.

Comments

  1. Hi, Anya. My dogs are pretty much the center of my universe as well. Happy for you finishing school, I know that is no easy task!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I've always envied people who did choir! I've always wanted to sing but was too scared to stand in front of people. I wish I did choir to help me understand the details behind singing better now. Your dogs are cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Lovely" - Musical Analysis #1

Taking a Musical Trip to Cuba!

Music and the Fictive Dream - "Burlesque"